Ages 9-12: July 22 – July 26, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Ages 13-15: July 29 – August 2, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Back by popular demand, Bound for Broadway is Kidder Music’s newest summer day camp. Instructor Ann Hagemann will provide expert instruction and advice on singing, acting and dancing. Sessions and activities include:
- Dramatic Exercises and Improv Games – These activities will help us learn to work as a team with our fellow cast members! Being able to ad lib is an important skill even when working from a script.
- Expert Audition Preparation – Preparing for an audition is no small task. We will discuss how to select an appropriate audition song, be ready for cold reading, and the callback process.
- A Closer Look at the Casting Process – Local theatre directors will share how and why they make their casting decisions, what qualities they look for in their actors.
- Refining Your Stage Presence – These sessions will cover proper vocal projection as well as singing & acting truthfully. It’s not just about learning your lines and hitting the notes!
- Performing On Camera – While live performance skills will be the primary focus of Bound for Broadway, Ann will also conduct a session on performing for TV, Film and the Internet.
- Bound for Broadway Mini-Musical – Learn what to expect from a musical production by being a part of one. You will audition for and be cast in a mini-musical, which will be performed for friends and family at the end of the week!
Who Can Participate?
Any student between the ages of 9 and 15 who has an interest in musical theatre. Openings are limited. Don’t miss out!
When Is Bound for Broadway?
This year we are offering camps for two age groups:
Ages 9-12: July 22-26 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Ages 13-15: July 29-August 2 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Students should bring a sack lunch.
Where Will We Meet?
Bound for Broadway will be held at the new Kidder Music Lesson Studios:
7722 N. Crestline Dr.
Peoria, Illinois 61615
What Are the Registration Fees?
Camp fees are $200 and will cover all camp materials. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card.
How Do I Register?
Call Kidder Music at 309-692-4040 or stop in to register. Registration fees must be submitted by June 15, 2013.
Meet the Instructor: Ann Hagemann
Ann is a professional actress who shares her time between central Illinois, Chicago and Los Angeles, working on stage, film, commercial, and television projects. However, she will always consider the Peoria area her home!
She just finished working on a new 2 person musical, “Black Pearl Sings”, with a projected run in NYC within the near future. Some of Ann’s other favorite stage roles include Mrs. Anna in “The King and I” at the Muni Opera, Peter in “Peter Pan”, Lady Macbeth in “that play by Shakespeare!”, Eva in “Evita”, Nora in “A Doll’s House”, Eliza Doolittle in “My Fair Lady”, to mention a few. She performed the role of Narrator for 10 seasons in Eastlight Theatres “Joseph…Dreamcoat”. As the playwright of: “From Pyramids to Video Games”, and “Rapunzel, as only her Hairdresser knows”.
Ann has performed at over 100 schools throughout the Midwest and conducted multiple music/theatre residencies for the IL. Arts Council. In addition to live theatre, Ann has worked on a number of film projects, and feels fortunate to have worked alongside Josh Harnett, Julia Roberts, Sharon Gless, Shedrack Anderson III, and Dante Basco. Her next film, the thriller “Falls of the Neuse”, will be released in 2013. You can currently see her in a local TV commercial as the spokeswoman for Corsaw Lumber.
Ann received her training at Edgecliff Conservatory; with further studies at Second City, Chicago Shakespeare and the Actors Center, as well as with LA based casting directors Leslee Dennis and Jeffrey Brooks. She has also studied privately with Broadway vocal coach David Petro, as well as with Bonnie Pomfret. Ann is a proud member of the professional Actor’s Union SAG-AFTRA.